Example Maps

Nicole Faust n_faust at INFORMATIK.UNI-KL.DE
Mon Jan 24 09:25:01 EST 2005

Hello Joerg,

> so is mapserver running? Can you perform those simple tests, like
> calling the cgi from a browser?

Mapserver is running. When I call the mapserver CGI program I get
the following message (as mentioned in the mapserver tutorial: "If
you invoke it as is you will get this familiar message"):

No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty.

> And if yes, has mapserver the right permissions to write to the temp
> image directory?....

I have checked the permissions and made the temp image directory
accessible for writing operations of the mapserver.

And I found a mistake in the .map file.

Now the mapserver should work fine - I hope.

But now I have an problem with mapscript:

I've created a '.php' file to verify that PHP
and PHP/Mapscript were installed properly
The file looks like:

    <HTML>
    <BODY>

    <?php
    if (PHP_OS == "WINNT" || PHP_OS == "WIN32")
    {
      dl("php_mapscript.dll");
    }
    else
    {
      dl("php_mapscript.so");
    }
    phpinfo();
    ?>

   </BODY>
   </HTML>

I get the following error message:

Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ms_getversion in
/home/n_faust/software/projekt/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on line 21

Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ms_newmapobj in
/home/n_faust/software/projekt/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on line 21

Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ms_newlayerobj in
/home/n_faust/software/projekt/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on line 21

Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ms_newclassobj in
/home/n_faust/software/projekt/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on line 21

Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ms_newpointobj in
/home/n_faust/software/projekt/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on line 21

Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ms_newlineobj in
/home/n_faust/software/projekt/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on line 21

Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ms_newshapeobj in
/home/n_faust/software/projekt/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on line 21

Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name -
ms_newshapefileobj in
/home/n_faust/software/projekt/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on line 21

Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ms_newrectobj in
/home/n_faust/software/projekt/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on line 21

Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ms_getcwd in
/home/n_faust/software/projekt/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on line 21

Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ms_getpid in
/home/n_faust/software/projekt/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on line 21

Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ms_getscale in
/home/n_faust/software/projekt/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on line 21

Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name -
ms_newprojectionobj in
/home/n_faust/software/projekt/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on line 21

Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ms_tokenizemap in
/home/n_faust/software/projekt/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on line 21

Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ms_newstyleobj in
/home/n_faust/software/projekt/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on line 21

Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ms_newgridobj in
/home/n_faust/software/projekt/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on line 21

Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ms_geterrorobj in
/home/n_faust/software/projekt/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on line 21

Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ms_reseterrorlist
in /home/n_faust/software/projekt/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on line
21

Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ms_newsymbolobj
in /home/n_faust/software/projekt/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on line
21

Warning: MapScript: Unable to register functions, unable to load in
Unknown on line 0

After the error messages the output of phpinfo() is displayed.

I set the extensions_dir in the php.ini file to
/home/n_faust/software/projekt/lib/php - where the file php_mapscript.so
is stored.

What is wrong?
Any suggestions?

Regards,