MapServer and PostGIS 1RC1

Düster Horst Horst.Duester at BD.SO.CH
Tue Jan 25 10:41:19 EST 2005

Since a time I'm playing with MapServer 4.4.1 and PostGIS 1RC1 with semi
success. I'm able to create maps with polygon an line layers from PostGIS,
but PostGIS/Postgres crashes with the known error message (see below) when I
use a point layer. This crash appears exclusively with point layers. Do
there exist any restriction of using PostGIS 1RC1 with MapServer 4.4.1??

I would be appreciate about any hint.

With best regards

Horst

Mapfile snippet:

LAYER
  CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
  CONNECTION 'dbname=xx host=xx user=xx port=5432'
  DATA "wkb_geometry from asit2 USING UNIQUE ogc_fid USING SRID=-1"
  TYPE POINT

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'asit2'.
msPOSTGISLayerWhichShapes(): Query error. Error executing POSTGIS SQL
statement (in FETCH ALL): DECLARE mycursor BINARY CURSOR FOR SELECT
ANZ_TOT::text,asbinary(force_collection(force_2d(wkb_geometry)),'NDR'),ogc_f
id::text from avt_asit_unfall WHERE wkb_geometry && setSRID('BOX3D(588837.5
213700,648462.5 261400)'::BOX3D, -1 ) -server closed the connection
unexpectedly This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or
while processing the request. Error with POSTGIS data variable. You
specified ''.
Standard ways of specifiying are :
(1) 'geometry_column from geometry_table'
(2) 'geometry_column from (<sub query>) as foo using unique <column name>
using SRID=<srid#>'

Make sure you put in the 'using unique <column name>' and 'using SRID=#'
clauses in.

For more help, please see http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation.php

Mappostgis.c - version of Jan 23/2004.

---------------------------------