Changing Reference Image 'on-the-fly'

Chris Helm helmster_99 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jan 25 16:42:08 EST 2005

Hi everybody,

I've been successful in changing map-file parameters
on the fly using form variables and javascript. I have
an application that is concerned with the mapping of
glacier extents. Hence, alot of our data are at the
poles. I have some javascript that switches the
interface between eqc(lat long) and polar
stereographic (north and south) projections depending
on the location of the user.

I set this up by simply creating a hidden variable
called "map_projection" and replacing the
[map_projection] value with the desired projection
definitions, everything works fine. But now I'm trying
to integrate the ability to be able to switch the
reference image whenever the projection change takes
place.

I know the reference image relies on a number
parameters within the reference object so I'll need to
change all those too. But for now I just need to
change the image.

Im using a form variable called:
name="map_reference_image"
value="[map_reference_image]"

And I'm using javascript to change the value between
"data/topo.png" and "data/antarctica.png"

I have the feeling that its something with the
creation the /tmp/ image.

Any help is great!

Thanx,
Chris