SWIG mapscript request/bug?

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Tue Jan 25 17:47:30 EST 2005

On Jan 25, 2005, at 3:28 PM, Ryan, Adam wrote:

> Hi.  I'd like to make a request.  In using python mapscript I find
> that a
> layer's index property is unchanged after using map.moveLayerUp/Down.
> Shouldn't the index values of the two layers that are swapped be
> swapped
> themselves?
>
> Is this a bug that I should report?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Adam

Adam,

A MapServer mapObj has an array of layerObjs and also an array of
indexes of these layerObjs in drawing order.  It is this second array
that is modified by moveLayerUp/Down.  Same situation for the other
mapscripts including PHP.  It's not a bug, just the way that MapServer
is designed.

cheers,
Sean

--