SWIG mapscript request/bug?

Ryan, Adam ARyan at CO.LINN.OR.US
Tue Jan 25 18:05:11 EST 2005

Hey Sean, thanks for the reply.

Maybe you can lend a suggestion.  I want to manipulate the draw order using
a list of layer names from the client.  I'd like to do this:
curI = 0
for layerName in layerList:
    layerO = mapO.getLayerByName(layerName)
    while layerO.index > curI: mapO.moveLayerUp( layerO.index )
    curI += 1
The problem, if I understand it, is that the layer index is indeed being
moved up in the drawing order, but the index values don't change.  Thus, my
while statement runs forever.

I see there are get/setLayersDrawingOrder methods but how much work is it to
set them up?

Thanks again,

Adam