Example Maps

Jose Luis Gonzalez joseluismapserver at YAHOO.ES
Wed Jan 26 04:05:42 EST 2005

I am also using the examples, and I want to make the usa.map work but it doesn't.
Does it work for you?
Did you see anything wrong?
I am working with:

MapServer version 4.4.0 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

So I think that if I have gdal it should recognize .tif files and should work. But it doesn't

Thank you

Jose Luis

Nicole Faust <n_faust at INFORMATIK.UNI-KL.DE> wrote:
Hello group!

I'm new to this group and I'm trying to work with the MapServer.
I want to use it together with PostgreSQL+PostGIS and Apache.
The programs are allready installed, but are not working properly.
So now I do not know if it is a problem with the installation or
with the example file. I'm using the usa2.map example from:
http://www.mobilegeographics.com/mapserver/

I have corrected the Shape- and Imagepath to my installation.
Typically I receive only the frame which tells me that the map
was created with MapServer and a legend at the bottom.
But the map is missing.

Thanks for your help,
sincerly
N. Faust