Problem with Mapscript + PostGIS

Abe Gillespie agillesp at VT.EDU
Thu Jan 27 14:00:17 EST 2005

I'm compiling everything on Windows.  MapServer CGI compiles fine with
"mapserv -v" giving:

MapServer version 4.4.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=POSTGIS
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE DEBUG=MSDEBUG

I also don't have any problem compiling the C# version of Mapscript.
But when I try to access a PostGIS layer the logs tell me I don't have
PostGIS support available.  Here's the error:

Thu Jan 27 13:18:39 2005 - msPOSTGISLayerOpen(): Query error.
msPOSTGISLayerOpen called but unimplemented!  (mapserver not compiled
with postgis support)
Thu Jan 27 13:18:39 2005 - msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to
draw layer named 'Roads'.

I know C# Mapscript is brand new ... so help however you can.  BTW - is
there a way to do the same as "mapserv -v" in Mapscript?  Something
like mapObj::version I'd imagine.

Thanks.
-Abe