Problem with Mapscript + PostGIS

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Thu Jan 27 13:53:04 EST 2005

On Jan 27, 2005, at 12:00 PM, Abe Gillespie wrote:

> --Apple-Mail-24--303801657
>
> I'm compiling everything on Windows.  MapServer CGI compiles fine
> with=20=
>
> "mapserv -v" giving:
>
> MapServer version 4.4.1 OUTPUT=3DGIF OUTPUT=3DPNG OUTPUT=3DJPEG =
> OUTPUT=3DWBMP=20
> SUPPORTS=3DPROJ SUPPORTS=3DFREETYPE SUPPORTS=3DWMS_SERVER
> INPUT=3DPOSTGIS=20=
>
> INPUT=3DOGR INPUT=3DGDAL INPUT=3DSHAPEFILE DEBUG=3DMSDEBUG=00
>
> I also don't have any problem compiling the C# version of Mapscript.
> =20
> But when I try to access a PostGIS layer the logs tell me I don't
> have=20=
>
> PostGIS support available.  Here's the error:
>
> Thu Jan 27 13:18:39 2005 - msPOSTGISLayerOpen(): Query error.=20
> msPOSTGISLayerOpen called but unimplemented!  (mapserver not
> compiled=20
> with postgis support)
> Thu Jan 27 13:18:39 2005 - msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed
> to=20=
>
> draw layer named 'Roads'.
>
> I know C# Mapscript is brand new ... so help however you can.  BTW -
> is=20=
>
> there a way to do the same as "mapserv -v" in Mapscript?  Something=20
> like mapObj::version I'd imagine.
>
> Thanks.
> -Abe=

There is mapscript::MS_VERSION, but it is only the version string.  I
like the idea, you should enter it in Bugzilla as a mapscript
enhancement.

Without the benefit of any other information, I guess that you have
some DLL mixup.  Some DLL without libpq is getting in the way.

cheers,
Sean

--
Sean Gillies