CarbonTools 2 - Free .NET tools and utilities

Nuke Goldstein ngoldstein at THECARBONPROJECT.COM
Fri Jan 28 13:35:47 EST 2005

Dear MapServer users,

I thought you may find it interesting to know that The Carbon Project has
release its flagship product CarbonTools as a freeware. Granted, this is not
a Java project but a .NET one and not an open-source project (although we
provide the source-code to the accompanied tools), but I do believe you
should take a look at this package and tools as a .NET client to MapServer
based services. We are strong believers in the advancement of open and free
GIS, which prompt us to share our products with the community.

CarbonTools 2 is a highly expandable and versatile .NET software development
toolkit. Its architecture allows full separation of data source
(web-service, file etc.) and data content (raster, features etc.), therefore
enabling it to be expanded to many GIS formats. The toolkit includes
extensive support to OGC web-service capabilities, WMS, WFS and GML (2.x.x,
3.x.x). Two GML parsers are included - one uses the XML schemas thus
providing a deep analysis of sophisticated GML implementations, the other
uses common GML forms and is optimized for speed.

The toolkit also includes 3 utilities written using CarbonTools and provided
with full source code. The CapabilitiesAnalyzer displays information about
an OGC service, GMLAnalyzer provides analysis of data and metadata within
GML files and the CarbonViewer which is a viewer for WMS and WFS services
complete with map-tools.

CarbonTools is provided with full API documentation, also available online
at: http://www.thecarbonproject.com/docs/index.html.

We hope you will find CarbonTools useful as well as productive and we will
appreciate any comments, suggestions and requests.

Best regards,

Nuke Goldstein

Founder

www.TheCarbonProject.com