getting true extents

Jeff Portwine jdport at VERITIME.COM
Mon Jan 31 09:56:35 EST 2005

My map image width/height is 600x400... and when it draws the map in this area, it does not map out the extents that I have set in the map file.  It seems to map the proper "x" extents, but the "y" extents extend north and south past the set "y" extents to fill the map.   This doesn't really present a huge problem most of the time, but now I have the need to calculate pixel position and since i don't know the actual extents I can't do this.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff