Can't see data

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Mon Jan 31 16:06:23 EST 2005

(I wasn't sure which list to post to [mapserver-users | postgis-users],
so I try this one first)

Hi,

I have (I think) successfully loaded data into PostGIS and am trying to
access it via MapServer WMS / WFS.

I verified that the data in the PostGIS instance is okay by running
pgsql2shp and testing the output shapefile.  Except for truncated col
names, all is well.

Here's my mapfile chunk:

# mapfile chunk:

  NAME "service_endpoints"
  CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
  CONNECTION "user=postgres dbname=devgeodb"
  DATA "the_geom from service_endpoints"

In WMS, when I run a GetCapabilities on the server, all is fine.

In WMS, when I run a GetMap on the server, I get a blank map back.

In WFS, when I run a GetCapabilities on the server, all is fine.

In WFS, when I run a DescribeFeatureType on the server, all is fine.
You can see the table just fine.

In WFS, when I run a GetFeature on the server, I get a blank result set
back:

<wfs:FeatureCollection xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs
http://schemas.opengeospatial.net/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-basic.xsd
http://www.ec.gc.ca/eccat
http://devgeo.cciw.ca/cgi-bin/mapserv/eccat?SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&RE
QUEST=DescribeFeatureType&TYPENAME=service_endpoints">
        <gml:boundedBy>
<gml:null>missing</gml:null>
</gml:boundedBy>
</wfs:FeatureCollection>

Any hints as to what's going on?  If MapServer wasn't connecting to
PostGIS correctly, then the WFS DescribeFeatureType request wouldn't be
able to read the table.

..Tom