problem with labelling - overlap

Wim Blanken w.blanken at GEON.NL
Sat Jul 2 11:56:32 EDT 2005

Hello Raj,

It depends on whether the labels belong the same object (but are in different fields) or to different objects laying on top of each other.
In the first case you could use the TEXT option in the class object and do something like:

TEXT "[FIELDNAME1] [FIELDNAME2] [FIELDNAME3]"

In the second case. I solved this by merging the points on the same location to 1 point storing the labels in one field.

Regards,

Wim Blanken
The Netherlands
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: raj ganesh
  To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
  Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2005 2:58 PM
  Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] problem with labelling - overlap

we are organization working to come up with a GIS appication fortsunami affected areas in india, where in NGO details are to bedisplayed at
the respective work areas.We are facing problem whiletrying to display the ngo names using label object, as there can be morethan one member
at any given place.When we try to display labels usingforce, they just pile up one over other.
  Is there a way to over comethis problem,
where we can display all the labels attached to thatpoint???
i hope to hear soon...
mail me at raj_ganesh_sweet at sify.com