Beginner - workshop installation with ms4w

Selim Hernandez pimpoumvlan at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 4 04:22:38 EDT 2005

hello,

I'm trying to start with mapserver so I decided to install the ms4w package
which was very easy to set up.
But now I have problems with the demo/workshop installation.

I have Windows 2000 server.
I put ms4w in e:

I put the workshop directory in E:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs so I can get access
to it this way : http://127.0.0.1/workshop

I can see the index.html

I have modified it this way :

<form name="demo" method="GET" action="/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe"
onSubmit="submit_form()">

      <!-- EDIT THESE HIDDEN VARIABLES -->
      <input type="hidden" name="map"
value="E:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\workshop\itasca.map">
      <input type="hidden" name="program" value="E:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-
bin\mapserv.exe">
      <input type="hidden" name="root"
value="E:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\workshop\">
      <input type="hidden" name="map_web_imagepath"
value="E:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\tmp\">
      <input type="hidden" name="map_web_imageurl"
value="E:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\tmp\">

Then when I launch the Basic Application, it returns me this message :

getString(): Symbol definition error. Parsing error near (none):(line 75)

This error seems to be born in the itasca.map file.

nb : I had to create the Apache\htdocs\tmp\ directory and I saw that I had
to grant writing rigths to it but I don't know how to manage the Apache
server

If someone have any idea, it would be very helpful.

thank you