ogr2ogr

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 7 10:36:03 EDT 2005

On 7/7/05, Gabriel Cloutier <gabriel.cloutier at rncan.gc.ca> wrote:
> Hi list,
> I want to reproject my data with the utility ogr2ogr.
>
> ogr2ogr -update ETENDUE_D_EAU_2_250k_031P.shp -t_srs EPSG:42304
>
> I want to reproject ETENDUE_D_EAU_2_250k_031P.shp in update mode (without
> creating a new file).
>
> What is the error in my command ?

Gab,

Ogr2ogr always needs an input and an output file, and it does not
support "in place" update.  The -update flag indicates that the translation
should occur into an existing datastore to be opened in update mode.
Used to add a layer to an existing dataset for instance.

You will need to translate to a new file.  Sorry

Best regards,