Maperver and IIS question

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Fri Jul 8 10:31:49 EDT 2005

Since those buttons are doing things in your browser, this probably is
not an "IIS" question.  It's often better to describe the symptom you
have in the Subject rather than the suspected problem.  There are
relatively few users doing IIS work, so your Subject line probably made
potential helpers "tune out" and never read the message!

When you click on those buttons you're submitting the FORM on which
they're embedded in the HTML page.  Look at the HTML source.  Look at
the <FORM> tag near the top - what happens when the form is submitted?
Does the ACTION attribute point to your MapServer binary?

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
ed at topozone.com
(978) 251-4242

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Subscribe Mapserver-Users Gom
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 4:00 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Maperver and IIS question

I have been using Mapserver on IIS 5 for some time now.  I have set up
and am running Windows 2003 and IIS 6.  I copied my demo over there for
testing.  It is a modified Itasca demo that is the basis for my app.  I
have the following problem.

I load the default page and press intialize.  The map shows up as
expected.  I see the main map, my key map and my user interface controls
like pan and zoom in, zoom out, layer controls, etc.  Nothing else works
beyond this point.

Any command I choose, such as zoom, has no effect.  The refresh query
button does nothing.  There are no messages of any sort that are
generated.  The window just keeps displaying the map.  Any ideas where I
could be going wrong?  Other things I could try to see what is happening
under the hood?

I think permissions are all OK and I have my bin directory on the system
path.  Mapserver is working because I get the map.

Thanks