OFFSITE transparency question

Eros Agosto eros.agosto at POLITO.IT
Fri Jul 8 11:34:56 EDT 2005

Hi list,
i read on a previous post the hint to use the OFFSITE statement in the LAYER block for an image in order to make pixels having a certain value transparent.

I tried and it works.
The question is: in case of tiling many rasters, is it possible to use the statement once for the tile, or have I to use it for each Raster file?

for each raster file

LAYER
  NAME name
  DATA "name_rasterfile"
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS ON
  OFFSITE 255 255 255
END

 or is it possible to use the following

LAYER
  NAME raster_tile
  TILEINDEX "tileindex_shape.shp"
  TILEITEM "location"
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS ON
  OFFSITE 255 255 255
END

I tried and it didn't work... I was wondering if i made something wrong, or this way can't just work.

Thanks in advance to anyone has suggestions

Eros

Eros Agosto
DITAG - Politecnico di Torino
C.so Duca degli Abruzzi, 24