LABELMAXSCALE question

Hunter, David - St. Louis Park, MN David.Hunter at FNF.COM
Fri Jul 8 14:22:28 EDT 2005

I have a map file that uses Mapinfo tab files as a datasource.  The tab
files are in lat/lon NAD83.  I'm playing with LABELMAXSCALE, etc., to
try to get a handle on how I want to configure the map's appearance.
What units is LABELMAXSCALE expressed in?  For instance, the initial
width of my map (according to MapInfo) is 25.01 miles.  When I set a
layer's LABELMAXSCALE to 100000, its label appears after I zoom in twice
(to a map width of approximately 11.2 miles).  The 100000 scale units
has me scratching my head, and Google hasn't helped much.  What am I
working with here?

The map's units are set to DD and the projection is set to epsg:4267.
Any other info that is needed, just let me know.

David S. Hunter
Sr. Software Engineer
Fidelity National Geographic Solutions
division of Fidelity National Financial