Maperver and IIS question

Subscribe Mapserver-Users Gom gomckenz at GEOSQL.COM
Mon Jul 11 16:09:36 EDT 2005

Just to close the loop on this, I have identified my problem.  It was a
simple change to the line.

<input type="hidden" name="program" value="/Mapserver/mapserv.exe">

The path stored in "value" was not right.  It is fine as show above with
Mapserver being my virutal directory.  The previous value had been an
explicit path.  It worked fine on my IIS 5 and Mapserver 4.4.1 install.  I
will have to look at all the differences in the two installs as I am sure
I am missing some obvious difference that made the two things work.

Thanks Ed for your help.

For those who have questioned how to configure IIS 6 here is what I did.
Don't know if this is all that should be done but it is working.  I post
this in the hopes that it may help get some one going.  If anyone knows
that there are errors here please clear them up.  I will assume you know
how to install and get IIS running.

I created a virtual directory, under Default Website, called Mapserver.
It points to the directory where mapserv.exe is installed.

Read, Directory Browse, Log Visits and Index this resource are all checked.
Execute permissions are set to Scripts and Executables.  On the Documents
tab I have deselected "Enable default content page".  Security is set for
anonymous access with the default IUSR_**** etc.  Integegrated Windows
authentication is selected.

I created a virtual directory, under Websites, Default Website, called
whateveryournamewillbe.  It points to the directory where my html, data
etc is installed.

Read, Log Visits and Index this resource are checked. Execute permissions
are set to Scripts only.  Security is set for anonymous access with the
default IUSR_ etc.  Integegrated Windows authentication is selected.

Under the Web Service Extensions settings I chose Add a new web service
extension...  I named it mapserver.  I checked the box that said "Set
extension status to Allowed" then under Required Files I browsed to the
directory where mapserv.exe is stored and added the mapserver.exe file.