Novice with Tutorial Question.

Jim Downing jim.downing at WAYTO.COM
Thu Jul 14 15:53:40 EDT 2005

This is my first exposure to Mapserver, and I'm working through the
tutorial.

I'm having a problem with Example1-6 which is meant to display data from
another WMS service.

The mapfile has a line:
CONNECTION
"http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi?REQUEST=map&LAYERS=us_landsat7&STYLES=&FORM
AT=png&TRANSPARENT=true"
which doesn't seem to do anything.

So I sent the request through the browser and got a response that includes:
 <ServiceException>Unknown value for key 'request'</ServiceException>

I'm I doing something wrong here, or is there an error in thr tutorial?

I should probably be able to work this out for myself with some sort of
'discover' command, but I've not got that far yet.

Regards,

Jim Downing
WayTo Integration
Edmonton, Alberta