Map file as database

Till Adams adams at TERRESTRIS.DE
Fri Jul 15 04:14:08 EDT 2005

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:
> I've been thinking about this for awhile now.  It would be great to have a database with at least common objects which can get perl'd into a mapfile on demand.  We have many mapfiles working off of one server.  If we want to change our LEGEND object globally, it'd be alot easier to do this from a db2mapfile routine.
>
> ..Tom

Tom (and all),

as Dorileo pointed out a few minutes ago, there is the "mapstorer
project" (right now there is v 0.3), which stores the whole mapfile in a
mysql database.

So maybe it's worth giving it a try.

Go to www.mapstorer.org or look at sourceforge (or contact Olaf - look
in "CC", he's the project-coordinator)

Greets, Till

--

Mit freundlichen Grüssen aus Bonn,

Till Adams

*  released: AmeiN! ArcMap-Export-2-UMN  *
*        LiveLinux 'WebGIS on CD'        *
*        http://www.terrestris.de        *

Dipl. Geogr. Till Adams
terrestris, H. Paulsen& T. Adams GbR
Siemensstr. 8 * 53121 Bonn
Tel.: 0228 962 899 52 * Fax.: 0228 962 899 57
info at terrestris.de * http://www.terrestris.de