Raster zoom problem with ERDAS Imagine Files

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 15 11:08:06 EDT 2005

On 7/14/05, Moen, Paul T. <pmoen at state.nd.us> wrote:
>  I rebuild MapServer after every time I build and install a different GDAL.
>
>  I tried your suggestions from the command line and "mapserv –v"  gave me
>      MapServer version 4.6.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
> OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
> SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=OGR
> INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
>
>  But, shp2img doesn't produce any output it just hangs.  The following is
> the terminal output.
>
>      [swc2:/MapServerSource/src/mapserver-4.6.0] pmoen%
> ./shp2img -m
> /Applications/4DWebSTAR/WebServer/DefaultSite/mapfiles/test.map
> –l North -o test.png
>
>  The command prompt never returns when running shp2img. The only way to get
> the command prompt back is to ctrl-c.  If I try the GDAL 1.2.6 (non cvs
> version) shp2img works fine.  It returns me to the command prompt
> immediately and exports the attached image.  It is only with the cvs version
> that the problem occurs.
>
>  test.map is a very simple mapfile with one layer, "North" which is a
> polygon of North Dakota.

Paul,

I'm afraid I don't know what is going wrong.   If you are handy with a
debugger, then you could run shp2img, break it when it hangs, and
get a traceback with the "where" command.

Alternatively, if you are in a position to provide "ssh" access to your
machine, I could do some investigation.

Best regards,