PHP MapScript / dynamic points from MySQL / possible to query?

Geoff Rowland geoffrey.rowland at NOAA.GOV
Tue Jul 19 12:36:02 EDT 2005

I am pulling some lat/lon coordinates out of a database and drawing them
on a map using code like this (not sure if this is really the best way,
but it's the code I came up with, heh)

$map= ms_newMapObj('world.map');
$layer = $map->getLayerByName('alerts');

for ($j=0; $j < mysql_num_rows($result); $j++)
    {
        $row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result);
        ${$pt} = ms_newPointObj();
        ${$pt}->setXY($row[lat],$row[lon]);
        ${$pt}->draw($map, $layer, $img, 0 ,$row[location]);
    }
$url = $img->saveWebImage();

works great.  However I really want to make it so that when a user
clicks on the point, information about the point will come up.  I assume
this is not possible with the way I currently have this setup, is that
correct?  What would be the best way to go about doing this?

Cheers,
Geoff

--
Geoffrey Rowland