SELinux Apache and php/mapscript

Tim Norris tibben at OCF.BERKELEY.EDU
Tue Jul 19 21:18:31 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I am trying with little luck to get mapserver running under apache with
php/mapscript (running as cgi) AND SELinux . . . (Fedora Core 4 i386) I know
this is probably somwhat similar to running my head into a brick wall, but I
have to try.

does anyone have any ideas . . . ???

php is working, mysql is working, I can even get the php_mapscript.so to
partially load, but then when it looks for other shared objects
(specificially libgdal and libproj) I run into the error 'cannot restore
segment prot after reloc: Permission denied'

further info about the SELinux types:

php is set to httpd_sys_script_exec_t
php_mapscript.so is set to httpd_sys_script_exec_t
libgdal is sset to shlib_t

the actual error I get is:
Warning: dl()[function.dl]: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/local/lib/php_mapscript.so' - /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so.1: cannot
restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied in
/var/www/html/php_info.php on line 2

any ideas would be great and I'll post something if I get it working  . . . :)

thanks
tim