imagemap output format

Bob Bruce covariance at SHAW.CA
Wed Jul 20 08:55:46 EDT 2005

Jim:
     it looks like you have either got a problem with your layer definitions
in your map file or else you have an error in your definitions in your
OUTPUTFORMAT section since you are getting the map tags in your output
imagemap. Anyway, below is an imagemap map file that I was using to test
both areas and points.

   Bob Bruce, Winnipeg, Manitoba

MAP
  NAME WinnipegMuralsImageMapSmall
  STATUS ON
  EXTENT 617000 5507400 647500 5539500
  SIZE 400 400
  SHAPEPATH "c:/Apache/htdocs/WinnipegStreets/FullData"
  FONTSET "c:/winnt/fonts/fonts.list"
#  IMAGETYPE imagemap # uncommenting this will cause the FORMATOPTIONs to
stop working
  IMAGECOLOR 240 240 224
  UNITS METERS
  PROJECTION
    "datum=NAD83"
    "proj=utm"
    "ellps=GRS80"
    "zone=14"
    "north"
    "no_defs"
  END

  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME "TheSmallImageMap"
    DRIVER imagemap
    FORMATOPTION "MAPNAME=TheSmallImageMap"
    FORMATOPTION "POLYHREF=click_area('%s')"
    FORMATOPTION "POLYMOUSEOUT=mouseOutArea('%s')"
    FORMATOPTION "POLYMOUSEOVER=mouseOverArea('%s')"
    FORMATOPTION "SYMBOLHREF=javascript:ChangeTheMural(%s)"
    FORMATOPTION "SYMBOLMOUSEOUT=popDown('popUp%s')"
    FORMATOPTION "SYMBOLMOUSEOVER=popUp(event,'popUp%s')"
  END

  WEB
    IMAGEPATH "c:/Apache/htdocs/temp/"
    IMAGEURL "/temp/"
    MAXSCALE 228000
    MINSCALE 200
    TEMPLATE "c:/Apache/htdocs/Mpages/TestImageMap.htm"
  END

  LAYER
    NAME "MuralBox"
    STATUS DEFAULT