hyperlink in a map

Bob Bruce covariance at SHAW.CA
Wed Jul 20 13:22:04 EDT 2005

Nuri:
      I use the imagemap feature of MapServer to do this. Right now there
is only support for vector symbols and the 'out of the box' support only
allows for a single URL to be referenced for all symbols. I have made my
own MapServer modifications (which I still need to upload to the website)
that allow for individual symbols to be mapped uniquely, if you are into
building MapServer then I can provide those changes to you.

  In the meantime you should check out the MapServer imagemap page at:
     http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ImageMap
and if you have a look at my reply to post #68 (imagemap output format) in
the July 2005 MAPSERVER-USERS postings you will see an example of this
useage.

    Bob Bruce, Winnipeg, Manitoba
    http://www.hwps.ca