Virtual Spatial Data: OCI versus ODBC

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Thu Jul 21 10:41:17 EDT 2005

Hi list,

just wanted to report, I was having some troubles with OVF performance to an Oracle table of 45000 records. Frank already did a great improvement for performance by including the X and Y values in the WHERE clause in GDAL CVS version, but still I was having performance problems. I was using ODBC and Oracle instant client by that time.

After compiling GDAL with OCI support and using OVF through OCI, everything works blazingly fast. In my situation with ODBC a map of a very small region took 7 seconds, now less than 2 seconds using OCI.

Thanks Frank for this fantastic part of the software!

Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270