Dynamic Maptitle

Gerjan Walrecht WalrechtG at VERTIS.NL
Mon Jul 25 10:56:43 EDT 2005

Hi list,

I am running into an issue which seems to me the same as Stefanie Weykam at
2004-08-23
I want to create a dynamic map title in the resulting image. Therefore I
created a layer with one feature (point). With the class option 'TEXT' I
would like to label that point, but the label will be based upon parameters
send by the application, the same way one can use parameters in an class
expression. Yet I cant get it working. Is it because of the limitation of
the TEXT object? Or do I have to do this in a other way?

I am using Mapserver 4.6.0 on a linux redhat machine.
This is my layerdefinition:

LAYER
   NAME "Titel"
   STATUS DEFAULT
   TRANSFORM OFF
   TYPE POINT
   FEATURE
      POINTS 240 10  END
   END
   CLASS
   SYMBOL 'driehoek'
   STYLE END
   TEXT 'Maptile'  #how to use paramerters here?
   COLOR 0 0 0
   LABEL
     COLOR 0 0 0
   END