Raster question

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 28 10:23:59 EDT 2005

On 7/27/05, John Lee <jlee at brookes.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hello all, I am brand new to Mapserver and I am having problems with
> displaying raster images.  I am trying to add tiff files to the map but
> without success.  Here is my setup:
>
> OS: RedHat 9.0
> Mapserv -v
> MapServer version 4.0.2 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
> SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF
> INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

> gdal-config --version
> 1.2.0

John,

Dylan's advise on using --without-tiff should likely do the trick.  I
didn't notice that you were using such an ancient version of mapserver
or I would have suggested it myself.

PS MapServer 4.0 and GDAL 1.2.0 are pretty old by this point.  I think
you will find it easier to get good help from the list if you upgrade to
current stable versions.  I think you will find some problems (like this)
also just "go away" in more recent versions.

Best regards,