tileindex and sequence/level

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Wed Jun 1 15:13:49 EDT 2005

Hi list,

I want to use gdaltindex to create a tileindex for rasters. The rasters do
overlap, so I wanted to add an extra column to the generated tileindex
with a display level. The higher the level, the more on top the raster
should be, if they do overlap.

Would sorting the generated tileindex with sortshp work? Would I need to
sort ascending or descending? Ie in what sequence are the individual
rasters drawn?

Is adding a level column to the tileindex a good solution or can other
(better) approaches be followed?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Bart