Mac OS X binaries update

William K woklist at CHARTER.NET
Sat Jun 4 15:52:14 EDT 2005

Just one version change (Postgres).  Here is a summary:

- Minimum Mac OS 10.3.9 (Tiger compatible, tho the old installers
worked on Tiger).

- MapServer v4.4.2, for PHP as Apache DSO, and CGI.  Now has Postgres
linked static, so if you never use Postgres you don't need to install
it just to get libpq.  (This is how MySQL has always worked, since
the official binaries only include static libraries.)

- PHP 4.3.11 as Apache DSO.  Now has Postgres linked static.

- PostgrteSQL 8.0.3 + PostGIS 1.0.1. (new version)

- GIS Libs.  OGR now has Postgres linked static.  Dropped MrSID due
to lack of GCC 4 support.

- Graphics Libs.  Removed libz 1.2.2 as it is included (finally) in
Tiger.  Tho on 10.3.9 it will now use the older 1.1.3.

- all built with GCC 4 (Tiger)

- all installers now have dependency checking, so you don't forget
something.

Feedback welcome.  enjoy.

I haven't had a chance to look at any of the MS 4.6 betas yet.
Unless the final release comes out first, I'll see about an installer
for the beta 4.6.  There will certainly be a 4.6 installer when it's
final, and I'll try to do it before the OSG conference.

PS. oh yeah - new domain name!

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.