Performance issue on labeling

Erki Veersalu oraakel at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 7 04:26:42 EDT 2005

Hi again,

I have made some more testing. I corrected my dataset, removed road segments
without label and joinded ones with the same label.
If I map only road layer (2600 rows in DB) in defined place it's genereted:
without labels ->0,18 sec
with labels -> 0,54 sec
with outlined labels ->1,45 sec

Why takes outlined labeling 3 times more time than without outlines?
Could there be anything wrong in my MapServer installation?

Thank you in advance,
Erki Veersalu