JOIN - hope to receive an answer... maybe from a developer

william paul williampaul28 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jun 17 10:49:44 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am not very advanced with MAPSEVER, but still...
Does anyone have EVER successfully used JOIN OBJECT? I want to join a DBF with a SHP (MULTIPLE JOIN)

In Mapserver reference file (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc44/mapfile-reference.html#join) it is written "Joins are defined within a query object." WHAT IT MEANS? the map file should look like:
LAYER
QUERY
    JOIN
        etc
I tried like this but I receive the error :loadLayer(): Unknown identifier. Parsing error near (QUERY)
obvious the map file should look different

I have the shape (COUNTY.SHP) file with the following fields (ITEMS): SHAPE, CODE
I have the DBF (CODE.DBF) file with the following fields (ITEMS): CODE, COUNTY, TOWN, YEAR
I wanted to join them (MULTIPLE JOIN=ONE TO MANY), so I used as Mapserver reference say:

LAYER
HEADER 'templates/code_header.html'
FOOTER 'templates/code_footer.html'
TOLERANCE 3

CLASS
     COLOR 200 0 200
     SIZE 10
     SYMBOL "circule"
     TEMPLATE 'templates/code.html'
END

JOIN
 FROM CODE
 NAME CODE_JOIN
 TABLE "E:\mapserver\shp\CODE.DBF"
 TEMPLATE "templates\CODE.HTML"
 TO CODE
 TYPE multiple
END

I receive the following result:
 CODECOUNTYTOWNYEAR11026[COUNTY][TOWN][YEAR]

If I comment the TEMPLATE from JOIN nothink happend, but if I comment the TEMPLATE from CLASS I get the error: msQueryByRect(): Search returned no results. No matching record(s) found.

WHAT is happening? What and where I do wrong?
DOES ANY ONE HAVE A WORKING EXAMPLE? I MEAN SOME ONE WHO USED OR USE JOIN OBJECT

There are any other ways to JOIN (ONE TO MANY) data?

Thank you in advance

William