Perl Mapscript 4.4 Issues

Rob Ellis robin.ellis at NRM.QLD.GOV.AU
Sun Jun 19 21:57:19 EDT 2005

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:18:22 -0400, Lowell Filak <lfilak at MEDINACO.ORG>
wrote:

>The following message was sent by Stephen Woodbridge
><woodbri at SWOODBRIDGE.COM> on Sun, 24 Apr 2005 23:23:26 -0400.
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm looking at the SWIGMapScript doc and have run into a few problems.
>>
>> $mapObj->setExtent($minx, $miny, $maxx, $maxy);
>>
>> and throws an error:
>>
>> Can't locate auto/mapscript/mapObj/setExtent.al in @INC (@INC contains:
>> /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4
>> /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8
>> /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.0
>> /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.0 .) at index.cgi line 255
>>
>> Also looking at the document it looks like there is an
>> $layerObj->setExtent(...) which doesn't seem to be correct.
>>
>> The classObj doc says it "Provides access to all class parameters
>> (color, symbol, label, & etc...)." but there is no doc to indicate there
>> is a symbol property, nor is there any of doc/properties for color,
>> overlaycolor, size, overlaysize. I think these were moved to styleObjs
>> so it might be appropriate to comment on that.
>
>Steve,
>
>What version are you using?
>I just double checked and there is most certainly a 'setExtent' for the
>mapObj in the mapscript.pm.
>You are correct on the classObj not. It is an old note that needs to be
>deleted. Sorry for the confusion.
>
>Lowell

Sorry to take you guys back to something that you've allready sorted out,
but I'm a little confused. I've upgraded to MS4.4.2 but am getting the
following message when trying to use Perl Mapscript, and from the previous
messages it looks as though I might just need to alter mapscript.pm:

Can't locate auto/mapscript/classObj/swig_styles.al

Am I right in interpreting the previous emails when I assume that I need to
remove refernces to classObj in mapscript.pm, or am I way off?

Thanks

Rob