indexed tif images do not display

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 22 12:18:24 EDT 2005

On 6/22/05, Ethan Alpert <ealpert at digitalglobe.com> wrote:
> I think you need to rerun gdaltindex. I just did a dbf dump of mine and
> realized that the paths to the tiles are absolute paths. Not sure if
> there's a way to construct relative path tileindexes.
>
> Anyone?

Ethan,

gdaltindex will store the paths in the form they are passed in.  So
if you want relative paths, use those on the commandline.

eg.

gdaltindex index.shp doq/*.tif

as opposed to

gdaltindex index.shp /opt/data/doq/*.tif

Of course, it can be tricky to ensure that the relative
paths in the index file are correctly interpreted by mapserver.
I'm never sure if it interpretes them relative to the index file,
or the SHAPEPATH or what.

Best regards,