problem with raster files - georeference

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 27 11:53:03 EDT 2005

On 6/27/05, Ing. Jiří Cajthaml <jiri.cajthaml at fsv.cvut.cz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have problem with my georeferenced raster files.
> My area of interest contains over 400 rasters
> (scanned map sheets, TIF+TFW)
>
> Unfortunately, rasters are georeferenced in ArcMap and map sheet
> on every raster is rotated (because of georeferencing - its OK).
>
> My TIF then looks like rotated map and the rest of an rectangular image
> is filled by some color (thin triangle at the every edge of map).
>
> When I want to display these rasters together in mapserver, these color
> triangles overlay neighbour maps.
>
> You can see example at
> http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~cajthaml/example/example.jpg

Jiri,

I am a bit surprised that you are encountering these problems.
The mapresample.c code should be kicking in for rotated input
rasters, and it should not be overlaying existing information with
"blankness" from outside the original files.  I am assuming that your
source files don't have any blank rectangles in them - is that right?

If you can submit a bug report with sufficient information for me to
reproduce the problem (ie. pointers to a map file and data files I
can use) then I can try to look into this.   Make sure the bug report
gets assigned to me.

Best regards,