Map Extent

S.Nicolas - Webmaster webmaster at 2ID-DESIGN.COM
Thu Mar 3 04:55:47 EST 2005

Yes,

I would like to convert this illustrator worldmap into a a tif file to use
in mapserver as a ratsre image.
I already tried this, but some of the point projected on the map are not
correctly placed. For example, I project a "dot" on a city and there is
slight difference of location.
I think it comes from the extent of the map that is not correct.

Stéphane

-----Original Message-----
From: bartvde at xs4all.nl [mailto:bartvde at xs4all.nl]
Sent: 03 March 2005 09:46
To: S.Nicolas - Webmaster
Cc: mapserver-users at lists.umn.edu
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Map Extent

Hi,

I don't know if I understood your question correctly ....

These type of files are not geo-referenced, so they don't come with extent
information.

Since you are calling it a worldmap, is the extent not just the whole world
(-180,-90,180,90 in deegrees)? What do you want to do with it, show it in
Mapserver (after conversion)? If it does not show the whole world, just take
an atlas or worldmap on internet to find out the coordinates,
eg:

http://www.wmsviewer.com/main.asp

Best regards,
Bart