No subject

Shaq Gbadebo s_gbadebo at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 8 11:36:42 EST 2005

You  are not  authorized to  send mail  to the  MAPSERVER-USERS list  from
your
s_gbadebo at HOTMAIL.COM account. You might be authorized to send to the list
from
another of  your accounts,  or perhaps  when using  another mail  program
which
generates slightly  different addresses, but  LISTSERV has no way  to
associate
this other account or address with yours. If you need assistance or if you
have
any question regarding  the policy of the MAPSERVER-USERS  list, please
contact
the list owners: MAPSERVER-USERS-request at LISTS.UMN.EDU.

From: Shaq Gbadebo <s_gbadebo at hotmail.com>
To: mapserver-users at lists.umn.edu
Subject: Display data from postgis database
Sent: 08 March 2005 16:27:30
Hello,

I am carrying out a project on displaying maps from a postgis database over
the web with a mapserver. I have installed MapServer-4.0.1, on a LInux
redhat 9 platform. I have also installed  version  7.3.4 of postgresql and
postgis. I have successfully loaded shapefiles into the postgis database and
now am just trying to display the maps, Here is a copy of the mapfile I am
using, where am just trying to display on the tables.

MAP
IMAGETYPE PNG
EXTENT 201621.496941 -294488.285333 1425518.020722 498254.511514
SIZE 400 300
SHAPEPATH "/home/MapData"
IMAGECOLOR 0 0 255

# PROJECTION
#  "proj=laea"
#  "ellps=clrk66"
#  "lat_0=45"
#  "lon_0=-100"
#
# Alternatively, you can specify an EPSG code.
# "init=epsg:2163"
#
#END

LAYER
  CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
  NAME "motor"
  CONNECTION "user=postgres password=postgres dbname=fyp
host=localhost.localdomain"
  DATA "the_geom FROM motorway"
  STATUS ON
  TYPE LINE
  CLASS
   COLOR 255 0 0
  END
END
END

This mapfile displays the background but not the actual map. I wondering If
there is anything I have left out. When right click the background of the
map, in the alternative text field it says:

" The image
“http://localhost.localdomain/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/home/Mapfiles/testit.map&mode=map”
cannot be displayed, because it contains errors."

I am not sure what exactly this means, any sort of help would be highly
appreciated.