PERL - Geo::Shapelib help

Tue Mar 8 19:33:41 EST 2005

JFD,

A couple of comments.

1) [lat, long] == [Y, X]  so all you X/Y coordinates are being stored as
Y/X which is not a problem in and of itself, until you try to line it up
with other data.

2) from the man page ... Vertices=>[[$x,$y]] which is not what you are
doing below. I think you might want to do something like reverse your
lat-lon's when you create your @verts array

Then when you create your shape:

   Vertices => \@verts

Also don't ser the bounds, they will get set automatically based on your
data when you do the save.

-Steve W.