Help with building python mapscript

Allan Hollander adh at ICE.UCDAVIS.EDU
Wed Mar 9 21:05:53 EST 2005

Thanks Sean and Jon,

I never had any luck with getting my build of python mapscript to
successfully import the _mapscript.so object, despite many manipulations
of the GDAL library. But I tried the binaries of mapserver,
python-mapscript, and GDAL from the Debian-GIS project, and these work for
me. Debian-GIS is an excellent and much-needed project: thanks for the
pointer.

Now on to ZMapserver!

-- Allan