[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Multiple Versions Issue

Fortin,Nicolas [SteFoy] nicolas.fortin at EC.GC.CA
Thu Mar 10 12:41:03 EST 2005

Hi Tim,

I know 2 ways to see what dll are use by an app...
1- run filemon (www.sysinternals.com) while accessing the site and check which dll are loaded.  You will see the directories order in which the system search for dll too.
2- run depends.exe and open mapserv.exe and check which dll are used by browsing the tree.

Greetings,

Nicolas

        -----Message d'origine-----
        De : UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] De la part de Pascoe,Tim [Burlington]
        Envoyé : Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:49 AM
        À : MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
        Objet : [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Multiple Versions Issue

                Currently, I am developing a Mapserver application on a server used to host several different web apps. In order to avoid causing version issues with other applications (which I am not responsible for), I am attempting to install a completely encapsulated version of Mapserver and Chameleon on the server -  Windows2000 with IIS.

                I have a straight-forward installation on my local XP box, but I use the PATH variable to set the location of the DLL's for mapserver. On the web server, I was hoping that I could simply place all of the required dlls in the same directory (MS44/bin), and that mapserv.exe would use these dlls for its execution. However, I get a CGI header return error when I access the mapserv.exe file through the browser, indicating that a DLL was not found properly (correct?). The mapserv.exe and dlls are in a virtual directory under the main web, with read and execute permissions. IUSR has also been granted access to the directory.

                Anyone have any experience with this? TIA

        Timothy Pascoe

        Environment Canada / Environnement Canada
        Canada Centre for Inland Waters / Centre Canadien des Eaux Intérieures
        867 Lakeshore Road / 867, chemin Lakeshore
        Burlington, Ontario / Burlington (Ontario)

        L7R 4A6

        Tel/Tél: (905) 336-6239
        Fax/Téléc: (905) 336-4699
        E-mail/C. élec: tim.pascoe at ec.gc.ca <mailto:tim.pascoe at ec.gc.ca>
        Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada

        This e-mail represents the opinions and views solely held by its author and in no manner may be considered as representing those of his/her employer.