label in symbol?

William K woklist at CHARTER.NET
Thu Mar 10 18:56:07 EST 2005

Is there a way to draw labels inside a symbol, such as a highway number
in a shield?  I'm open to programatic php methods (I could probably
figure that out), but would prefer something automatic or built into MS
(that's not obvious, since I don't see anything in the docs, tho there
is an unanswered question in the wiki).

(MS 4.4.1, php-mapscript)

-----
William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos at charter.net>
http://webpages.charter.net/kyngchaos/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the
past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between my
immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe