Controlling mapsize in CGI

Jacob Delfos jacob.delfos at MAUNSELL.COM
Fri Mar 11 00:44:54 EST 2005

Richard,

Try putting something like this inside your form:

<SELECT NAME='map_size' ID='mapsize'>
<OPTION VALUE="600+300">600 x 300
<OPTION VALUE="800+400">800 x 400
</SELECT>
Then have a bit of javascript like this:

<script>
function onLoadFunction ()
{

urlstring = location.href;
   if (urlstring.match("600+300") != null)
   {
   document.forms[0].map_size.value = "600+300";
   }
   else
   {
      if (urlstring.match("800+400") != null)
      {
      document.forms[0].map_size.value = "800+400";
      }
   }

}
</script>

Make sure the body has something like:

I have not really tested this code, but it should work. It basically puts in a dropdown selector for the mapsize form variable. When the page is loaded, the javascript checks out the URL, searching for the value of the map_size. Make sure there are no other form variables with similar values, because it might pick those up too. It sets the dropdown box to the value it found in the URL.

Let me know if you have any troubles.

Jacob