Compiling in PHP MapScript causes segfault in mapfile.c

Schuyler Erle schuyler at NOCAT.NET
Fri Mar 11 06:55:40 EST 2005

Hi, folks. I have a somewhat bewildering bug. If I compile the PHP
MapScript extension in Fedora Core 3, mapfile.c fails with a segfault
at line 4173, while attempting to assign to msyyin. Since msyyin is a
extern FILE *, is it possible that compiling against the PHP source
tree somehow confuses the linker about the location of msyyin?

I've tried compiling --with-php-regex-dir set to either
$php_source_tree/build-cgi/regex and
$php_source_tree/build-apache/regex/.libs with the same result.
Compiling without PHP MapScript eliminates the segfault.

Any thoughts?

SDE