label in symbol?

William K woklist at CHARTER.NET
Fri Mar 11 12:10:05 EST 2005

I gave that a try.  It works, mostly.  I have to use the CC label
position, or it will not be centered on the symbol, or the symbol may
be drawn but the labelcache will cause the label to not be drawn.

So, works but kinda restricted (no auto placement).  At least for
points and polygons.  CC position is probably OK for lines.

On Mar 10, 2005, at 6:07 PM, blaise wrote:

>> Is there a way to draw labels inside a symbol, such as a highway
>> number
>> in a shield?  I'm open to programatic php methods (I could probably
>> figure that out), but would prefer something automatic or built into
>> MS
>> (that's not obvious, since I don't see anything in the docs, tho there
>> is an unanswered question in the wiki).
>
> Have you looked at the Itasca demo (that you can download at mapserver
> website) ? It seems that it's doing that pretty well with three
> different
> road symbol.
> Blaise

-----
William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos at charter.net>
http://webpages.charter.net/kyngchaos/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying,
fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not
deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of
weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them
slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the
lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan