python mapscript comparing zoomPoint and queryByPoint

Jon Saints saintsjd at YAHOO.COM
Tue Mar 15 17:10:49 EST 2005

I am learning python mapscript and I think that I have
found something interesting:

Has anyone noticed that the map.zoomPoint function
accepts a pointObj in PIXEL coordinates, while the
layer.queryByPoint function seems to want a pointObj
in MAP coordinates?

I am not sure the reason for this.The documentation
didn't seem to mention that there was a difference.

If this is true that layer.queryByPoint needs map
coordinates, then it seems we should include in python
mapscript a function to convert pixel clicks to map
coords and vice-versa.

Thinking outloud,
Jon