Problems getting MapServer Demo to work

Ken Lord kenlord at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 16 12:27:02 EST 2005

Hi Gail,

This will be another reminder that there is a problem with mapserver
4.4.1 for windows, downloaded from the mapserver homepage, and another
request that the powers above either update or remove that file or at
least make a note of the potential problem on the download page.

Gail, to fix your problem, go to www.maptools.org/dl and get their
version of 4.4.1.

Use the mapserv.exe and the .dll files that are found within the .zip
files within the main file you download.

The maptools version has been compiled differently, with a larger .exe
file that is less dependant on a large set of external dll's like what
the homepage version relies on

 ... and it works.

I think at last count 6 others posting your error (including myself)
have fixed their problem by using the maptools version.

I'm sure a search of the list for 'http headers' must send back a novel by now.

Cheers,
Ken Lord
Vancouver BC