one more tiger question - semi OT

Jeff Portwine jdport at VERITIME.COM
Thu Mar 17 16:51:12 EST 2005

An easier one this time... anybody know if there is a reference anywhere that can tell me what the different CFCC codes for roads mean?   I want to draw the roads differently based on the type they are... i.e. interstates are drawn one way, state highways another.. major roads.. minor roads, etc.    and I want to display some of them only when zoomed in close and others all the time.   It's not obvious looking at the files which values I want for which type of roads.   It looks like Interstates are A15 and state highways are A11 for example, but some interstates are showing A11.   It's just not easy to tell.. would make it easier if there is a reference someplace.

And while I'm here asking questions that aren't entirely on topic, anybody know of any free dbf viewers?   I am using excel right now to look at the dbf files and it just doesn't work all that well for this task :)

Thanks!

-Jeff