Showing Arc/Info annotations details [2]

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 22 09:18:54 EST 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:13:50 +0100, Bart van den Eijnden
<bartvde at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> btw, I am not sure if you are gonna be able to show more than the
> geometries, something seems wrong with the attribute definitions read by
> OGR (all attributes have length 0).
>
> So, first get your geometry to show, i.e. remove your LABELITEM and LABEL
> definition from the MAP file. If you have your geometries working, try to
> move on to labeling.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart
>
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:09:45 +0100, Bart van den Eijnden
> <bartvde at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> > UserId: Integer (0.0)
> > Text: String (0.0)
> > Height: Real (0.0)
> > Level: Integer (0.0)

Bart,

Zero length attributes really means "length unknown" to OGR.  For
floats and integers it carries things around as a double or int.
Strings are carried around with arbitrary length.  Floats will be
formatted (by OGRFeature::GetAsString()) with "%.16g".

So, I don't think this means there is a problem.

Best regards,