Problems reading a TIF file (newbie question)

blaise bpicinbono at WORLDONLINE.FR
Tue Mar 22 14:02:25 EST 2005

Le mardi 22 Mars 2005 19:48, Ray a écrit :
> I am using Linux Fedora Core2, should have said so.  I tried renaming to
> lowercase, changed the name of the .tfw file to .wld (why should I do
> that?) and changed all references to PAGE48/Page48 to page48.  Still didn't
> work, but thanks for the input.
Still having the raster not showing ?
Shouldn't you have a STATUS ON line in the raster section of your mapfile ?
And a NAME line as well ? Raster doc tells :

How are rasters added to a Map file?
A simple raster layer declaration looks like this. The DATA file is
interpreted relative to the SHAPEPATH, much like shapefiles.
LAYER
  NAME "JacksonvilleNC_CIB"
  DATA "Jacksonville.tif"
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS ON
END

Souldn't you have an OUTPUTFORMATOBJECT section as wel in your mapfile ?
blaise