PHP Select List of Polygons

Steve Lehr lehrs at ERAU.EDU
Tue Mar 22 22:46:31 EST 2005

I'm working on a script to map results from a database query to a map.  My
database query returns me a list of parcel id's.  My shape file has those
parcel Id's.

I had the queryByAttributes working nicely till I tried to pass in 50
parcel id's then the getexpression, setexpression blows out I guess the
string of parcel id's is to long.

Now back to the board.  I pass in the extents and list of parcels comes
from a database, I was hoping to query the shape file by a rectangle, grab
each shape object see if the parcel id associated with the shape object
exists in the list, and if so do something like an addFeature().  But that
does not seem to make sense since my query by rectangle is already
associated with that layer.

Can I query one layer by rectangle, then store those shapeids and then add
the shape ids to another layer?  If so, how do I turn on the individual
shape ids?  Do I need a classitem?  expression?  or can I just turn on the
layer and loop over the list of shape_ids then turn on those shapes for
that layer?

LAYER
  NAME "showme"
  DATA parcels